How to create a unit?
Dear users, as soon as you register in the application, the first thing to do is create your first unit.
Let's go through the simple steps of creating a unit:
1. Go to the application and select the Units tab.
2. Click on the button with the plus sign to add a new unit.
3. Here is the form in which you must fill out the data:
- Unit Name
You can choose any name (this is the information by which you will distinguish your units)
- Unit ID
This column is very important; your device will connect to your unit depends on whether this data is filled in correctly.
For trackers, this is usually 15 numbers of IMEI, but for some trackers this may be a different value. For example, for Xexan trackers, this value may consist of 12 digits (0 + 11 last digits of IMEI)
It may be other values in length, in any case, it is the value that your tracker sends in messages as IMEI.
When the software on the phone is used as a tracker, usually the ID value can be chosen by you yourself.
- Device Category
Initially, you see only one given column, you can enter the partial name of your device in it to find your device in the list. After selecting a device, you will see that in fact two columns are filled in: the Device Category and the Device Type. At the moment there are three Device categories: Software, Hardware and Legacy.
The Software category includes the names of programs that is used as trackers.
The Hardware category fully supported trackers.
The Legacy category includes trackers support of which is currently not fully implemented. Some features will not be available to them.
If you immediately select the device type, the category is automatically filled.
- Unit password
This field is optional and can appear only after filling in the Device category and the Device type, if there is such a field for this type of device. So for example, the password field appears for the Device type WiaTag
- Unit icon
You can choose any icon from the list or upload your own. This option is also designed for your best unit distinction. This icon will be used to display the unit on the map.
4. When all the data is full, you can click the Save button.
If you suddenly messed up something and want to fix something, this can be done in the Common settings of the unit.
5. You see that now you have the data on the server and the port on which you need to configure your device.
You also need to set timezone 0 (UTC) - this is the correct timezone for all users, regardless of location. The application will then display the time in accordance with the time zone that is installed on your phone or computer from which you enter the application.
Also, most users need to make the APN settings for their device (depending on the operator who provides you communication services for your device)
Unfortunately for different manufacturers and device models, commands can vary significantly. Therefore, for the implementation of this paragraph, you will need to turn to the instructions for your device.
6. By default, you are offered a DNS server format, if your device supports it, then you can go to the last item, if not, you need to configure the tracker for the IP server format. To do this, return to the main window of tab Units (you see your created unit), go to the unit menu - Settings - Common settings.
7. By default DNS server format is displayed. To see the IP format, click on the switch next to the server value. Now you see the IP format of the server and you can configure your device.
Also in the Common settings of the unit, you can change the settings if you entered something incorrectly earlier or delete the unit. For this, at the very bottom of the settings there are two buttons Edit and Delete.
8. You can return to the main window of tab Units. As soon as the first message from your tracker arrives, you will see information about this at the bottom of its name.
We hope that you managed to create your first unit!